The Department of Education, Skills and Employment works to ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
- Announcement Stay informed about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Announcement The Australian Government has delivered the 2020-21 Budget
- Opportunities Jobs Hub: Information on jobs opportunities
- Higher Education Job-ready Graduates
- Schools Year 1 Phonics Check
- National Skills Commission See latest news and data from the National Skills Commission
From the Newsroom
- Job-ready Graduates Package legislation passed parliament
- Job-ready Graduates Package – higher education reforms
- Helping you take the next step in Your Career
- Subsidised infection control training fast-tracked for re-opening businesses
- 2020-21 Budget handed down
- Easier entry to the child care market for new services
- Fee waiver for tertiary students extended
- 2020 Tuition Protection Levies waived for HELP and VET Student loans providers
- Submissions on the NPILF consultation paper are open
- Consultation open to support international students to upskill during their studies
- Mandatory mutual obligations return for job seekers, excluding Victoria
- Expressions of interest sought for Local Jobs and Skills Taskforces
- Dorothea Mackellar 2020 award winners announced
- $62.8 million Local Jobs Program announced
- Job-ready Graduates Package draft legislation now available for consultation
The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business (Employment) was consolidated with the Department of Education, to form the new Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Small business functions from Employment transferred to the new Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
Deregulation functions from Employment transferred to the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
These changes took effect on 1 February 2020. This site will be updated to reflect these changes.
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of country throughout Australia and acknowledges their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay our respects to the people, the cultures and the elders past, present and emerging.