- Announcement Stay informed about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Opportunities Jobs Hub: Information on jobs opportunities
- Announcement, News Support for bushfire affected communities
- National Careers Institute See latest news from the National Careers Ambassador
- Higher Education Compare thousands of courses across Australia
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment works to ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
From the Newsroom
- New visa arrangements for seasonal workers
- COVID-19: Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package - from Monday 6 April additional support for Early Childhood Education and Child Care Services and their families
- Looking to hire?
- National Careers Institute Partnership Grants program
- COVID-19 News: PM’s statement on schools
- My School website providing new and improved information for our schools
- Supporting Apprentices and Trainees
- National Careers Ambassador kicks off national skills tour
- Collaboration on Mature Age Employment
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 2019/20 Bushfire support
The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business (Employment) was consolidated with the Department of Education, to form the new Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Small business functions from Employment transferred to the new Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
Deregulation functions from Employment transferred to the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
These changes took effect on 1 February 2020. This site will be updated to reflect these changes.