Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshops can give you an understanding of self-employment and entrepreneurship. Exploring Being My Own Boss might suit you if you have a business idea, or dream of being your own boss, but don’t know where to start. By the end of this free program you’ll be better able to identify business opportunities and understand what’s involved when starting a business.
Participate in a Workshop
Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshops are delivered by a network of NEIS providers nationally. The workshops:
- include 10 individual sessions delivered over 2 to 4 weeks, based on individual circumstances.
- are delivered by workshop providers online, face-to-face or using a mixture of both.
To participate in a workshop, you'll need to:
- Be available to participate in the full workshop program
- Have the right to work in Australia, and
- Not be in employment, education or training for more than 25 hours each week.
Veterans interested in starting a business
Serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel with an identified transition date may participate in a Workshop while still serving in the ADF.
They may also participate in NEIS Training and receive help to develop a business plan through New Business Assistance with NEIS while serving.
Partners and adult children of serving ADF personnel may also be eligible to access to both Workshops and New Business Assistance with NEIS.
What you'll learn from a Workshop
An Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshop will help you start your journey to self-employment by giving you access to 10 valuable workshops:
- Getting Started - Learning to think like an Entrepreneur
- Idea Validation - Mitigating risks in your business
- Brand & Design - Making your business look good
- Going Digital - Getting your business online
- Connecting to the Ecosystem – The organisations in your area that support small businesses
- Startup Essentials - Your legal and tax requirements
- Dollars and Sense - Managing the numbers in your business
- Sell Sell Sell - How to acquire customers forever
- Pitching and Communication - Crafting your elevator pitch
- The New World of Business - The changing face of work