Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshops can give you an understanding of self-employment and entrepreneurship. Exploring Being My Own Boss might suit you if you have a business idea, or dream of being your own boss, but don’t know where to start. By the end of this free program you’ll be better able to identify business opportunities and understand what’s involved when starting a business.
Participate in a Workshop
Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshops are delivered by a network of NEIS providers nationally. The workshops:
- Involve 10 sessions delivered over the course of 2 weeks
- Are delivered by workshop providers online, face-to-face or a mixture of both.
To participate in a workshop, you'll need to:
- Be available to participate in the full two-week workshop program
- Not be employed for more than fifteen hours each week
- Not be undertaking full-time education or training
- Have the right to work in Australia.
What you'll learn from a Workshop
An Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshop will help you start your journey to self-employment by giving you access to 10 valuable workshops:
1. Getting Started - Learning to think like an Entrepreneur
2. Idea Validation - Mitigating risks in your business
3. Brand & Design - Making your business look good
4. Going Digital - Getting your business online
5. Connecting to the Ecosystem – The organisations in your area that support small businesses
6. Startup Essentials - Your legal and tax requirements
7. Dollars and Sense - Managing the numbers in your business
8. Sell Sell Sell - How to acquire customers forever
9. Pitching and Communication - Crafting your elevator pitch
10. The New World of Business - The changing face of work