Strategic priorities include:
- Ensuring quality, affordable and accessible early education and care for families
- Improving schooling outcomes for children
- Preparing our future workforce through globally competitive tertiary education, training and research sectors
- Helping people find and keep a job, create their own job, change jobs, reskill and enjoy fulfilling careers
- Developing a strong evidence base for effective policy that reflects and understands varied needs of the Australian population, business and industry.
Read more about our priorities and work in the 2020-21 Corporate Plan
- The Hon Dan Tehan MP, Minister for Education.
- Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business.
- The Hon Steve Irons MP, Assistant Minister for Vocational Education, Training and Apprenticeships
- The Hon Andrew Gee MP, Minister Assisting the Minister for Trade and Investment, Minister for Decentralisation and Regional Education
- Dr Michele Bruniges AM and the deputy secretaries are responsible for the delivery of the department’s services.