The Department of Education, Skills and Employment contributes to Australia's economic prosperity and social wellbeing by creating opportunities and driving better outcomes for people, through education, skills and employment pathways.
Our strategic purpose includes
- Quality early learning and child care that supports and prepares children for school.
- For parents and carers, providing access to subsidised child care that supports them to work, study or volunteer.
- Access to quality schooling to provide the knowledge, skills and values for every child to achieve their potential.
- Skills, training and higher education that can maximise employment opportunities and participation in the workforce, community and society.
- Ensuring people have the opportunity to upskill or reskill to find or advance their career.
Our Ministers and Executive
Secretary and deputy secretaries
The Secretary and executive for the Department of Education, Skills and Employment are responsible for the delivery of the department’s services.
Corporate reporting and plans
The Department's Portfolio Budget information for each financial year.
Reconciliation Action Plan
The department’s overarching purpose is maximising opportunity and prosperity through national leadership on education and training.
The department's formal reporting content including the Information Publication Scheme, Annual Reports, Budget, Freedom of Information and Data Strategy.
Work with us
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment works to ensure Australians can experience the well being and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.