Contact Us

If you have a question or would like to give feedback, you can get in touch with us online, by email, phone or by mail. You can also find us on social media.

On this page:

Online contact form

For general enquiries, please use one of our online contact forms below or you can contact the department via the channels below.


If you wish to make a complaint to the department, please visit the Complaints page, contact the department via one of the contact points below or send your complaint via post.

For further information on the department’s Complaint Handling Policy, please visit the Complaints page.

DESE Switchboard

The Switchboard is responsible for directing all telephone calls received from members of the public, external stakeholders and clients, to the appropriate destination/recipient.

Phone: 1300 488 064

Education enquiries

Education general enquiries

To assist with enquiries on HELP loans, HECS Help/FEE help, CHESSN numbers.

Phone: 1300 363 079


International Education enquiries

Supports Education Services for overseas students, general information on overseas qualification assessment (general purposes non-trade) and general information regarding international education.

Phone: 1300 615 262


Student enquiries

Student enquiry line

For enquires about Apprentices, Trainees, Registered Training Organisations, VET courses, VET student loans, VET student debt enquiries, and complaints.

Our team can provide assistance with information and/or a referral to the appropriate services within the skilling and education sector.

Phone: 1800 020 108


School Leavers Information Service

Provides an independent and impartial government source of careers information, with a focus on marketing and promoting vocational careers and pathways.

Phone: 1800 227 337

Text SLIS2020 to 0429 009 435


Employment Services enquiries

Job seekers with employment services providers

If you require assistance or wish to provide feedback, please contact your provider. You can also contact the National Customer Service Line between 9.00 am and 7.00 pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time), Monday to Friday.

Phone: 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines)


Authorising a person to enquire or act on your behalf for employment services (nominee arrangement)

You can choose a person to enquire or act on your behalf with the National Customer Service Line in relation to employment services. To do this, complete the Authorising a person to enquire or act on your behalf for employment services form. Then send it to us at the mailbox.

Authorising a person to enquire or act on your behalf does not prevent you from contacting us.

Job seekers in Online Employment Services

If you are in Online Employment Services, or the New Employment Services Trial, and require assistance or wish to provide feedback, please contact the Digital Services Contact Centre between 9.00 am and 7.00 pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time), Monday to Friday.

Phone: 1800 314 677 (free call from land lines)



To find out more about the Department’s programs, or lodge a vacancy.

Phone: 13 17 15


DESE Employment Services tip-off line

For current and former employment consultants to alert the department to suspected or actual instances of inappropriate or fraudulent business practices by contracted providers, that may be a breach of the Deed and/or guidelines.

Phone: 1300 874 536

Employer Reporting Line

The Employer Reporting Line allows employers to provide information to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment about a job seeker they believe is not genuinely looking for work, while receiving income support from Services Australia (Centrelink) and participating in one of the department’s employment programs.

To find out more about this service, or to read the Employer Reporting Line conditions of use and privacy statement, please refer to the Employer Reporting Line on the jobactive website.

Phone: 1300 361 241


Child Care enquiries

Speak to Child Care Subsidy Helpdesk 

The Child Care Subsidy Helpdesk is our frontline support centre for child care providers and services seeking answers.

Call 1300 667 276 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (AEDT) or send an email anytime to the Child Care Subsidy Helpdesk.

Contact the Additional Child Care Subsidy team

Child care providers and services can email the Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) team directly to enquire about determinations, further evidence requests and more.

Contact your state or territory regulatory authority

Regulatory authorities administer the National Quality Framework in each state and territory. The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority provides contact details for each state or territory regulatory authority

Report illegal or fraudulent activity

If you know a child care service is doing something illegal or fraudulent, you can provide information to us anonymously.
Call 1800 664 231 or email the tipoff line to report an issue.

Join our Facebook Group

The Australian Child Care Providers and Services Facebook Group is a place for early childhood education and care providers and services to get general information about the department’s early childhood policies and programs.


Families wishing to discuss the Child Care Subsidy should contact Services Australia on 13 61 50.

Families looking for child care should visit

Media Enquiries

If you are a journalist or have a media enquiry for the department or minister, you can contact the Media Team through the Newsroom.

Please ensure you provide your contact details, including your phone number and the deadline for your story.


Postal address

Department of Education, Skills and Employment
GPO Box 9880
Canberra ACT 2601

Assistance – TIS and National Relay

Translation Services

If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 for the cost of a local call.

Ask TIS National to call the department on the appropriate number listed above.

National Relay Service

The National Relay Service (NRS) is a government initiative that allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment to make and receive phone calls.

Call 1300 555 727 (speak and listen) or go to the National Relay Service website for other options.

Follow us

You can follow us on social media. Browse the full list of departmental social media accounts.

Department of Education, Skills and Employment