The Department of Education, Skills and Employment works to ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
On this page:
Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s primary focus is to equip Australians — at all life and career stages — with knowledge, skills and attributes to live well, thrive at work and contribute to community life.
Strategic priorities include:
- Ensuring quality, affordable and accessible early education and care for families
- Improving schooling outcomes for children
- Preparing our future workforce through globally competitive tertiary education, training and research sectors
- Helping people find and keep a job, create their own job, change jobs, reskill and enjoy fulfilling careers
- Developing a strong evidence base for effective policy that reflects and understands varied needs of the Australian population, business and industry.
The department’s terms and conditions of employment are drawn from the Department of Education and Training Enterprise Agreement 2016-19 (Enterprise Agreement) and the Department of Education and Training Section 24(1) Determination.