International education is a vital part of Australian society. It brings many economic, cultural and social benefits to our people and businesses. It creates links and life-long connections with communities and partners across the world.
We are developing a new Australian Strategy for International Education 2021-2030 (the Strategy).
The new Strategy will:
- respond to the changing environment
- guide the recovery of the sector
- outline our goals and approach to international education over the next 10 years
- equip the sector’s innovation and responsiveness
- respond to emerging opportunities, including changes in student demands
- maintain our position as an effective and trusted partner in international education.
How we will develop the Strategy
We invited feedback and collaboration from the entire sector and community to develop the Strategy, including:
- responses to the Consultation Paper on the Strategy
- public webinars held in April 2021. These webinars have now concluded.
The Consultation Paper was developed by the Expert Members of the Council for International Education (the Council) in collaboration with our department. It outlines the proposed vision and goals for the Strategy, and immediate priorities for the sector over the next 10 years.
We invited submissions to the Consultation Paper from 31 March 2021 to 12 May 2021 to seek your views on the proposed outline of the Australian Strategy. Online submissions are now closed.
Submissions are being reviewed and will be available on our website shortly.
Please note: Submissions will be published where authorised.