International education is a vital part of Australian society. It brings many economic, cultural and social benefits to our people and businesses. It creates links and life-long connections with communities and partners across the world.
We are developing a new Australian Strategy for International Education 2021-2030 (the Strategy).
The new Strategy will:
- respond to the changing environment
- guide the recovery of the sector
- outline our goals and approach to international education over the next 10 years
- equip the sector’s innovation and responsiveness
- respond to emerging opportunities, including changes in student demands
- maintain our position as an effective and trusted partner in international education.
How we will develop the Strategy
We invite feedback and collaboration from the entire sector and community to develop the Strategy.
To get involved, you can:
- respond to the Consultation Paper on the Strategy
- take part in the public webinars held in April 2021.
The Consultation Paper was developed by the Expert Members of the Council for International Education (the Council) in collaboration with our department. It outlines the proposed vision and goals for the Strategy, and immediate priorities for the sector over the next 10 years.
Send us your submission
To send us your feedback, you can:
- Read the Consultation Paper
- Review the discussion questions. We prepared these questions to get your views on the proposed outline of the Australian Strategy. Send us your feedback using the submission form by 11.59pm AEST, 12 May 2021.
Please note: We will only publish the submissions on our website for which we have express permission to do so. You will be asked whether you give consent for your submission to be published in the submission form.
Other ways to get involved
There are other ways you can share your feedback with us and get involved with the consultation.
We are hosting webinars on a range of topics.
To find out more and register your interest, select the relevant webinar from the following.
6 April 2021
12 April 2021