On this page:
The Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity helps services stay open when something unexpected happens.
Services may be eligible for CCCF Special Circumstances if one of the following applies:
- It is at risk of closure due to an unforeseen event or circumstance. This could be a natural disaster, extreme weather event or pandemic.
- It is at risk of permanent closure, and the closure would result in a lack of suitable child care for the community.
- It is seeking to open a new service in a community where there is no suitable child care.
CCCF Special Circumstances is aimed at services operating in or providing care for disadvantaged and vulnerable communities. We have identified a list of priority areas based on:
- the Australian Early Development Census
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas, and
- Australian Bureau of Statistics remoteness and population data.
The funding is paid as a one-off grant, per event. The amount of funding depends on the individual circumstances of the service.
Bushfire, drought, natural disasters and other support
The CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity also provides support for:
- services in bushfire affected communities,
- services experiencing decreased demand and financial pressure due to drought,
- services affected by other local emergencies, natural disasters or extreme weather events including floods, cyclones, etc, and
- commencing a new service where there is a lack of suitable child care for the community.
We have identified a list of eligible drought-affected areas based on the Drought Communities Programme. You can email CCCFSpecialCircumstances@dese.gov.au if your service is located in an area not on this list, but you need support due to drought.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity application form.
For more information, see the following resources:
- CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity Frequently Asked Questions
- CCCF Special Circumstances Grant Opportunity Fact Sheet
If you have further questions about this grant opportunity, please email CCCFSpecialCircumstances@dese.gov.au.
If you have any technical difficulties, please email CCCFSpecialCircumstances@dese.gov.au.