The Child Care Package includes the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and the Child Care Safety Net.
About the Child Care Package
The Child Care Package is helping parents and carers who want to work or who want to work more, while making early childhood education and care more affordable and accessible.
For providers, the Package allows you to:
- Have more flexibility
- Set your hours of operation based on the needs of your community
- Operate for a minimum of 48 weeks per year
- Operate 7 weeks per year if outside school hours care is the only service offered
Child Care Subsidy
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) helps by assisting families with their child care fees and provides greater assistance to low and middle-income families.
Find details and requirements in the:
Child Care Safety Net
The Child Care Safety Net provides access to quality early childhood education and care to:
- Vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- Children from regional and remote communities
Apply to become an approved provider
To receive the Child Care Subsidy on behalf of families, providers must apply for approval.
- Check if you’re eligible
- Learn about the 7 steps to apply
Streamlining the approval process
We are seeking your views on a proposed change to the way providers apply for Child Care Subsidy approval.
- Learn about the current application process
- Read the Consultation Regulation Impact Statement
- Provide feedback
- In Home Care for families who can't access mainstream child care options
- Financial Integrity for resources to help comply with the Family Assistance Law
- Guide to Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS) (child wellbeing) for child care providers and services involved in the administration of ACCS
- Child Care Package Resources for providers for fact-sheets, emergency and natural disaster assistance as well as newsletters for providers