We have developed these resources to help providers understand the Child Care Package.
On this page:
For COVID-19 advice, visit COVID-19 information for the early childhood education and care sector.
There is help in an emergency for providers, services and families.
Grants and initiatives
The Child Care Subsidy System is an easy-to-use interface for families and services. It manages the payment and administration of the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), including recording actual attendance times.
The Inclusion Support Portal is a web-based application that helps services interact with the Inclusion Support Program.
Handbooks and guides
The Child Care Provider Handbook is the definitive guide to the requirements and responsibilities of CCS-approved providers and services. You can read the handbook online or download a print version.
The Guide to Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) contains information for providers and services who administer ACCS (child wellbeing).
The In Home Care Handbook outlines how the In Home Care program operates.
Apply to submit, vary or withdraw session reports for a previous financial. This fact sheet helps you understand the application process.
Compliance mini videos
A series of mini videos explains your obligations under Family Assistance Law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander book database
The National Centre for Australian Children’s Literature (NCACL) has produced a free database for educators to discover children’s books by and about Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
The Payment and Service Finder gives families an estimate of their entitlements.
The In Home Care estimator helps families work out how much CCS they may receive when accessing In Home Care.
Business support tools
We provide business support tools to help providers and services plan, review and grow their businesses into the future.
Child Care Subsidy eligibility
- CCS eligibility for children attending secondary school and older children
- Immunisation requirements
Child Care Subsidy entitlement
- CCS activity test
- CCS activity test exemptions
- CCS activity test preschool exemption
- CCS activity test additional information
- CCS activity test - how to provide irregular work hours
- Voluntary work and CCS
- CCS change of circumstance
- CCS withholding
- Absences from child care
- Payment to provider or parent?
Additional Child Care Subsidy
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing)
- ACCS (grandparents)
- ACCS (temporary financial hardship)
- ACCS (transition to work)
- Evidence requirements to support ACCS (child wellbeing) application
- CCS minimum operating periods – special circumstance requirements
- Services ineligible for CCS approval
- Suspension on request of CCS approval
Help using the Provider Entry Point
- How to register in PRODA
- How to add Child Care Personnel in the PEP
- How to create enrolments in the PEP
- How to update enrolments in the PEP
- How to view enrolment status in the PEP
- How to view, add and update session reports in the PEP
- How to create, view and update the FDC register in PEP
- How to obtain child care software activation codes
- How to submit a new certificate for ACCS (child wellbeing) in the PEP
- How to submit an ACCS (child wellbeing) determination in the PEP
- How to view and update organisation details in the PEP
- How to update organisation details in Child Care Finder in the PEP
- How to view entitlements and payments in the PEP