The Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) Open Competitive grant is for child care services in vulnerable and disadvantaged communities.
On this page:
Round 3 applications now open
Applications are open for Round 3 funding and close at 11pm (AEDT) on Monday, 22 February 2021.
The CCCF grant opportunity gives eligible services extra funding to:
- help them stay open, and
- increase the number of children in care from disadvantaged or vulnerable families and communities.
The Australian Government’s Community Grants Hub provides comprehensive information about Round 3 funding.
What areas are considered disadvantaged and vulnerable?
The CCCF Round 3 priority areas comprise communities experiencing high levels of disadvantage compared to most other communities. Priority areas are selected based on the Australian Early Development Census and Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Who is eligible?
Child Care Subsidy (CCS) approved services can apply if they:
- provide care for a disadvantaged or vulnerable community, or
- provide care in a regional, rural or remote area where there are not many other child care services, or
- provide specialised care to a disadvantaged or vulnerable sector of its community, or
- previously received funding in round 1 or 2 of the open grant opportunity.
What are the categories of funding?
The CCCF Round 3 grant opportunity provides funding in three categories:
- Sustainability support to help a service remain viable and sustainable
- Community support to identify and address community-level barriers to child care participation so more children can attend child care
- Capital support that contributes to the cost of modifying, renovating, extending or building child care facilities that results in more child care places where there is unmet demand.
How do I apply?
Apply through the Australian Government’s Community Grants Hub.
On the Community Grants Hub’s Round 3 grant opportunity page you will find:
- Forms to apply under each category (i.e. sustainability support, community support, capital support)
- Grant opportunity guidelines
- Questions and answers
- Other information.
If you need more help
If you need assistance, call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous funding rounds
Applications for Round 1 opened and closed in late 2017. The outcomes were announced in April 2018. Successful applicants received funding from July 2018.
Applications for Round 2 opened and closed in 2019. The outcomes were announced in August 2019. Successful applicants received funding from October 2019.
We provide regular updates to providers and services across Australia on our website and via email.