What Southern Tasmania hotspot means for child care.
Child care services in parts of Tasmania can access Australian Government support following the Commonwealth hotspot declaration on 15 October.
Details about the three-day lockdown in southern Tasmanian Local Government Areas, including Hobart, are available on the Tasmania Government COVID-19 response website.
Services in Tasmania can waive gap fees for families who kept their children at home during the lockdown.
Families can get Child Care Subsidy when their child is absent from a session of care they would normally attend for up to 42 days per child, per financial year.
We regularly update the COVID-19 early childhood page to reflect important information about COVID-19 support in your region.
As circumstances change it’s important that you keep up to date with the support measures available to your service. We have information on:
- additional allowable absences
- gap fees
- business continuity payments
- support by region, which includes the date support measures begin and end.
Please check our website often.
Update your contact details
It’s never been more important that your contact details are up to date in case we or Services Australia need to get in touch.
Making sure your phone number and email address are saved in the Provider Entry Point (PEP) means that you won’t miss important information if we need to contact you.
- You can update your details via the Provider Entry Point or your third-party software.
- For help to do this go to How to view and update organisation details in the PEP on our website, or contact your software provider.