Normally, we don’t pay Child Care Subsidy (CCS) before a child’s first physical attendance at their child care service.
An exception now applies for enrolments that started during a COVID-19 lockdown.
We’ll pay CCS if all the following apply:
- the service is located, or the family resides, in an area that was in a COVID-19 hotspot for more than 7 days
- the enrolment commenced during the COVID-19 hotspot, or within 28 days of it ending
- absences were recorded at the start of the child’s enrolment.
Providers must take action if this applies to any children at their service.
Action for providers
- Record an attendance for the child on the first day of the enrolment. Use the following details when recording the session:
- session fee: $0
- session start time: 6.00 am to 6.15 am (or if this time conflicts with an absence, another 15-minute period before the existing absence)
- session description: COVID-19 first day of care.
- Advise families of the action taken and ensure they receive the benefit of the payment.