If you have a disability, Disability Services can support you to get job ready, look for and find a job.
Disability Employment Service
If you’re looking for work or have a job, Disability Employment Service (DES) providers can help you:
- Get ready to work
- Train in specific job skills
- Write your resumé
- With your interview skills
- Look for jobs that suit you.
If you already have a job, a DES provider can help you with specific on-the-job training and support to suit your needs.
Employment Services Assessments
Employment Services Assessments are a meeting with a qualified health or allied health professional to help understand:
- Barriers to work
- Reasonable work capacity
- The best type of employment services provider for you
For information on Service Assessments
Supported Wage System
The Supported Wage System allows employers to pay a productivity-based wage for people with disability. You're eligible if:
- Your contract permits employment for productivity wages under the Supported Wage System under an industrial instrument or legislative provision
- You're an Australian citizen or Australian resident
- You're at least 15 years old
- You have no outstanding workers’ compensation claims
- You meet the impairment criteria for receiving the Disability Support Pension.
Your employer can apply to take part in the Supported Wage System by:
- calling 1800 065 123
- speaking to a local provider.
National Disability Recruitment Coordinator
The National Disability Recruitment Coordinator develops job opportunities for job seekers with disability.
They work with employers across Australia to:
- Increase their knowledge of support available through Disability Employment Services
- Implement disability employment practices
- Provide disability awareness training for staff