Our finance graduates will help shape the delivery of essential services within the financial resource management framework. By providing sound financial management advice to the executive team, the department is able to shape policy that impacts on the lives of Australians. DESE finance graduates are involved in significant financial accountability and are given real responsibility from the start.
What our Finance pathway graduates do
- Prepare detailed budgets and costings for projects, initiatives and groups.
- Interpret accounting standards and provide financial analysis and reporting.
- Writing briefs including senate estimates and updates to internal policies and guidelines
- Detailed account reconciliations and reports
- Assist in procurement activities including interpretation of the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines
- Problem solve, conduct process mapping and suggest improvements
Who we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce or accounting related disciplines
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, problem solve and work as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to actively engage with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and an attitude open to learning and innovation
The department has consistently featured in the Top 100 Graduate Employer rankings over the past few years. This achievement highlights our active commitment to supporting talented graduates, helping them to expand their skills and experience, and reach their full potential.