On this page:
The Foundation Skills for Your Future Program provides free training to improve your:
- English, oral and written communications skills
- Reading skills
- Mathematical skills
- Digital skills
You can receive free training from a Foundation Skills for Your Future Program service provider if you are:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- are aged 15 and over;
- have left secondary school education; and
- are employed OR recently unemployed (within the past nine months) and are not registered with an Australian Government employment service provider.
You might not be eligible for free Australian Government training under the Foundation Skills for Your Future Program if you are:
- a full time student
- enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled, in the Australian Government’s Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) or the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) Program; or
- enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled in, existing Commonwealth, state or territory subsidised or partially subsidised language, literacy, numeracy and/or digital skills training program.
How to apply
To find a Service Provider near you, go to the Foundation Skills Service Providers page.