Higher Education Publications lists publications, newsletters and reports on Australia's higher education sector.
- Transparency in Higher Education Expenditure reports were conducted by Deloitte Access Economics to determine the cost of teaching and scholarship at Australian Public Universities.
- Higher Education Report is part of a suite of publications which report on the Australian higher education sector.
- Regional Participation: The Role of Socioeconomic Status and Access - provides information on the factors affecting participation of regional students in Australian universities.
- Finance Publication includes financial performance, financial position and cash flows for higher education providers derived from institutions' financial statements.
- Financial Statement Guidelines for Australian Higher Education Providers
The Higher Education Newsletter aims to:
- Keep the sector and stakeholders informed about higher education policies and programs
- Includes information on any legislative and guideline changes
If you would like to be added to the mailing list, email: email@example.com.
Higher Education Providers E-News assists administrative staff members with:
- Operational and policy matters that may impact on their work
- Upcoming training courses and dates
- Legislative changes to HESA
- Distribution of the HELP products
- Reporting dates
Reviews and Policy
- Higher education in Australia - a Departmental paper outlining major reviews of higher education funding policy over the past 25 years.
- Review of Reporting Requirements for Universities – a comprehensive audit of the Department’s reporting requirements for universities.
- The Review of Higher Education Access and Outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People – a review recommending a collaborative approach by Government, universities and professional bodies to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, staff and researchers.
- Higher Education Staff Data Review - a review to determine whether the Staff Data Collection meets stakeholder needs.
- Base Funding Review - a review that recommends principles for public investment in higher education. It also enquires into funding levels.
- Independent analysis of Higher Education Funding – an independent validation conducted by Ernst & Young on Departmental calculations of funding per Commonwealth subsidised student place.
- Regional Loading Review - a review of regional loading for higher education providers with regional campuses.
- Transforming Australia’s Higher Education System – reform program announced in the 2009-10 Budget.
- Review of Australian Higher Education - a review of higher education to examine the future direction of the sector. The Review was conducted by an independent expert panel, led by Emeritus Professor Denise Bradley AC.