Higher Education Publications lists publications, newsletters and reports on Australia's higher education sector.
- Transparency in Higher Education Expenditure reports were conducted by Deloitte Access Economics to determine the cost of teaching and scholarship at Australian Public Universities.
- Higher Education Report is part of a suite of publications which report on the Australian higher education sector.
- Reporting of the HELP Receivable provides the estimate of the fair value of the HELP and VET Student Loans (VSL) receivables and the amount of debt not expected to be repaid.
- Regional Participation: The Role of Socioeconomic Status and Access provides information on the factors affecting participation of regional students in Australian universities.
- Finance Publication includes financial performance, financial position and cash flows for higher education providers derived from institutions' financial statements.
- Financial Statement Guidelines for Australian Higher Education Providers
- Administrative Information for Providers
Reviews and Policy
- Higher education in Australia - a Departmental paper outlining major reviews of higher education funding policy over the past 25 years.
- Review of Reporting Requirements for Universities – a comprehensive audit of the Department’s reporting requirements for universities.
- The Review of Higher Education Access and Outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People – a review recommending a collaborative approach by Government, universities and professional bodies to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, staff and researchers.
- Higher Education Staff Data Review - a review to determine whether the Staff Data Collection meets stakeholder needs.
- Base Funding Review - a review that recommends principles for public investment in higher education. It also enquires into funding levels.
- Independent analysis of Higher Education Funding – an independent validation conducted by Ernst & Young on Departmental calculations of funding per Commonwealth subsidised student place.
- Regional Loading Review - a review of regional loading for higher education providers with regional campuses.
- Transforming Australia’s Higher Education System – reform program announced in the 2009-10 Budget.
- Review of Australian Higher Education - a review of higher education to examine the future direction of the sector. The Review was conducted by an independent expert panel, led by Emeritus Professor Denise Bradley AC.