The Department of Education, Skills and Employment Analysis and Data Division is responsible for the collection and dissemination of statistics relating to the provision of higher education at all Australian institutions.
A comprehensive set of statistics is managed in the Higher Education Statistics Collection.
This data includes:
- Courses provided by higher education institutions
- Numbers and characteristics of students undertaking courses
- Student load
- Completion of units of study and courses
- Student liability status
- Numbers and characteristics of staff in higher education institutions
- Income and expenditure for higher education institutions
- Research activity
- Undergraduate applications, offers and acceptances.
Distribution and use of data
Data in the Higher Education Statistics Collection is disseminated through:
- Statistics publications
- Analyses prepared for clients
The data are widely used by:
- Federal and State Government Departments
- Higher education institutions
- Peak bodies
- Individuals in the community
The department publishes a range of outputs for the following key data collections: