On this page:
The National Quality Framework provides a national approach to regulation, assessment and quality improvement for early childhood education and care and outside school hours care services across Australia. The National Quality Framework includes:
- Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 (National Law)
- Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 (National Regulations)
- National Quality Standard
- assessment and quality rating process
- national learning frameworks.
Providers must be familiar with and comply with the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 unless they are exempt (see Appendix C).
Further information about the National Quality Framework and contacts for each of the state and territory regulatory authorities can be found at the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority website at www.acecqa.gov.au.