The jobactive.gov.au website helps job seekers find a job and employers find staff.
What is jobactive?
The jobactive website can help you find a job or hire staff.
It’s the Australian Government’s job board – and so much more.
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment manages the jobactive website.
Looking for a job?
Every person with the right to work in Australia can use the jobactive website to search and apply for jobs.
You just need to add it to your myGov linked services.
Find job search advice and support
Watch interview practice videos for help answering common questions.
You can also find services and information to help your search including:
- resume, job application and interview advice
- career profile (online resume)
- job alerts
- free services and training offered by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Need to manage your employment services?
- Do you Job Seeker Snapshot to make sure you know what you need to do in exchange for your payment.
- Review and agree to your Job Plan so you know what you need to do in exchange for your payment.
When you’re connected to employment services you can use the site to:
- manage your mutual obligation requirements reporting
- find your Job Seeker ID (JSID)
- find your employment services provider’s details if you’re connected to one
- do a Change of Circumstances if you think you need different employment services
- request a transfer to a different provider
Thinking of starting a business?
jobactive can help you prepare and get support.
Selfstart is an online guide that steps you through the first stages of starting your own business.
New Business Assistance with NEIS can also offer the following:
- training and support
- business mentoring
- NEIS allowance for up to 39 weeks if you’re eligible
- rental assistance if you’re eligible
Talk to your local NEIS provider to find out how to apply.
Not sure if running your own business if right for you? Going to a workshop to explore being your own boss could help you decide. Contact your local NEIS provider site to check if there’s a workshop on near you.
Need to hire staff?
You can advertise a job at no cost to you.
jobactive providers can also help you hire staff.
Find a jobactive provider to help you with:
- hiring screened and job ready candidates
- pre-employment screening
- support while new employees settle in
- access to wage subsidies when you hire and retain an eligible job seeker.