jobactive eligibility and how to access help

Find out if you are eligible to receive help and how to access jobactive.

On this page:

jobactive services are generally available if you get an income support payment, such as JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance (other), or Parenting Payment, and have mutual obligation requirements. Mutual obligations are certain things that you need to do in return for your payment, like look for work.

Services Australia will assess your circumstances and eligibility for jobactive and refer you to a jobactive provider.

If you aren’t on income support, or you are receiving income support and don’t have mutual obligations, you may be able to volunteer for jobactive services if you:

  • are not working or studying full-time, and
  • have the right to work in Australia.

If you think this might apply to you, more information is available on help for volunteer job seekers.