The Brisbane South East and Logan Virtual Jobs Fair was held on 7 August 2020, where job seekers, employers and employment service providers were able to network and interact about the jobs of offer in the Brisbane South East and Logan regions.
Date: Friday 7 August 2020
Time: 9.30 am – 1.30 pm AEST
Location: On your computer or tablet. It’s all online!
Register: Registrations have now closed
The virtual fair allowed you to chat with businesses online and discuss job opportunities and career options in the Brisbane South East and Logan regions. There was also a number of online presentations throughout the day to help you get job ready and secure your next role.
Representatives from businesses were online throughout the event to answer questions about the jobs on offer.
- ADF Transition – Defence Community Organisation
- APM Employment Services
- APS – Australian Personnel Solutions
- Australian Quality Care
- Australian Thermal Insulation Manufacturers (ATIM)
- Become a Bricklayer
- BUSY At Work
- Camp Australia
- Career Transition Assistance Program
- Churches of Christ in Queensland
- CIM Employment by Altius
- Community Services Job Match
- Connecting Families
- CT Labour Hire Pty Ltd
- Defence Force Recruiting
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (QLD)
- DGT Employment and Training
- Focal Community Services
- Goodstart Early Learning
- Hays Mount Gravatt
- Ingrams Australia Pty Ltd
- Job Jumpstart
- Job Outlook
- Logan Office of Economic Development (Logan City Council)
- National Work Experience Programme (NWEP)
- Naval Shipbuilding College
- New Small Business & Entrepreneurship (NEIS)
- OSMAC Apprenticeships
- PaTH Internships
- Programmed Skilled Workforce
- Regional Workforce Management
- TAFE Queensland
- The Cryogenics Group
- Transition to Work – Employment Plus
- Tursa Employment & Training
|10.00 am – 12.00pm||What Employers Want – Live Chat
Live chat with the National Skills Commission about the What Employers Want pre-recorded video available in the On-Demand section of the Workshop Room.
|National Skills Commission|
|11.00 am||Caring careers - be the difference in someone's life!
An interactive presentation to introduce you to the range of options for careers in the caring industry and tools to decide if it's right for you.
Aged & Community Services Australia
|11.30 am||New Business Assistance (NEIS) - Case Study #1 Hear about success stories from the New Business Assistance Program (NEIS) and how it could assist you.||APM|
|12.00 pm||Accelerate your career with an Australian Apprenticeship Apprenticeships and Traineeships: Employer must haves, how to apply, how to prepare, and how to succeed.||Busy at Work|
|12.30 pm||New Business Assistance (NEIS) - Case Study #2 Hear about success stories from the New Business Assistance Program (NEIS) and how it could assist you.||Sarrina Russo|