On this page:
There are different types of support available to help you on your journey to find a job, no matter the stage you are at. The following resources are designed to help you understand your local jobs market and provide tips on applying for jobs that are right for you.
- access articles on a wide range of job search topics, targeted to young people and those new to the jobs market
- go to the toolbox for tip sheets, checklists and workbooks to help you research employers and jobs, tailor résumés and cover letters, and prepare for interviews
- watch videos to get job search and employment planning tips
- go to the jobactive blog for information on a range of job search topics
- watch videos to hear common interview questions being asked by employers and practise your answers
- go to the jobactive YouTube channel for tips on networking, interviews and how to find a job
National Careers Institute
- access career information, advice and support via quizzes, podcasts and videos
- find information about Training, Australian Apprenticeships and Higher Education and links to connect with training organisations
- find information on upcoming events near you
Government-funded employment services providers
Employment services providers deliver a range of programs to help you to prepare and look for work. These services are designed to provide flexible and tailored assistance such as résumé and job application writing skills, advice on job searching and help to access training and employment.
You can find more information about the these services and how they can help you on the find a provider page on the jobactive website.
Other support you may be interested in
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
- Find information and advice for older Australians (over 45 years) who want to invest in their training and skills development.
Visit the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program.
Trades Recognition Australia
- Access a skills recognition support service specialising in assessments for people with trade skills gained overseas or in Australia
- Access free online training to improve your digital literacy skills (available in multiple languages) and to increase your confidence and capability using Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint