All the goods and services that make our modern lives possible, are created, managed and delivered through supply chains.
Every item you purchase and everything in your house and local community was transported as an item of ‘freight’, organised by ‘logistics’ managers working in networks of national or international ‘supply chain’ companies.
There are supply chains linked to every industry, including retail, food manufacturing, agriculture and mining.
On this page:
The jobs available in supply chain and logistics range from entry level roles such as picking and packing through to management, operations and support areas. Jobs could be with small and medium businesses or major corporations.
The supply chain and logistics sector in Australia employs more than half a million people across 18 different categories of jobs such as:
- road, rail, air and sea transport
- logistics, warehousing and distribution
- procurement, freight forwarding and customs broking
- scheduling, planning, risk management, occupational health and safety and communications.
Job Information and Career Pathways
Wayfinder Supply Chain Careers for Women
- explore over 120 supply chain roles in 18 sectors, find out about employer requirements for education qualifications and experience, indicative salary range, key responsibilities, skills required, career pathways and study options
- watch videos and read profiles about women working in supply chain and logistics roles
- find out about the pay, projected growth and skill level of a range of occupations in the transport, postal and warehousing industry
Road Transport Careers Community (on uWorkin)
- find out about a career in the road transport industry, including information about a range of occupations:
- find out about the transport, postal and warehousing industry
- find out about the tasks, skills and aptitudes associated with leading entry-level jobs including:
- watch a video to hear common interview questions being asked by employers for warehouse assistant roles and practise your answers
Australian Apprenticeship Pathways
- do an aptitude quiz to test your literacy and numeracy for commencing in the warehousing and logistics industry