The National School Resourcing Board provides independent oversight of different parts of the Commonwealth schools funding model. The Board reviews different parts of the funding model under the Australian Education Act 2013 (the Act) and the Australian Education Regulation 2013.
The National School Resourcing Board
The National School Resourcing Board (the Board) was established in line with recommendations of the 2011 Review of Funding for Schooling. It provides independent oversight over Commonwealth school funding arrangements.
The Board reviews different parts of the funding model under the(the Act) and the Australian Education Regulation 2013. These reviews help ensure:
- There is public confidence in the funding model
- States, territories and other approved authorities meet their obligations under the Act
- The funding model is using the best available data and methodologies
- Funding is used in line with the Act
The Board members as at 22 December 2020 are:
- Mr Michael Chaney AO (Chair)
- Professor Deborah Terry AO (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Natalie Brown
- Professor Stephen Lamb
- Professor Elizabeth Labone
- Professor Ken Smith
- Dr Alison Taylor
- Ms Audrey Jackson AM
Each year the Board reviews state and territory compliance with section 22A of the Act (State and Territory contributions).
Current reviews include:
- Regional Schooling Resource Standards Loadings