Information about the expansion of the National Work Experience Programme announced in the 2017-18 Budget.
On this page:
The Government is investing $9.6 million on an expansion of the National Work Experience Programme to provide more work experience opportunities for people looking for work.
The changes include:
- The number of places will increase to 10,000 per year from the current 6,000 places
- Payments will be made available for providers and host businesses to encourage take up of the program
- $300 incentive payment for host businesses
- $400 outcome fee per completed placement of at least two weeks for jobactive and Transition to Work providers.
Who will be eligible
Individuals will be eligible for the National Work Experience Programme if they are:
- registered with a jobactive, Transition to Work or Disability Employment Services provider;
- on income support; and
- 17 years of age or older.
Implementation – Next Steps
Changes to program guidelines and funding deeds will be undertaken in consultation with relevant stakeholders, with the changes to the program taking effect from 1 July 2018.