The skillset is part of the national COVID-19 response and includes the following units:
- MSL974030 Process body fluid specimens using a point of care testing device: On completion, learners will have the required knowledge to conduct Point of care testing for COVID-19 diagnosis within the required policies and procedures.
- HLTPAT003 Perform capillary blood collections: On completion, learners will have the knowledge to carry out testing as part of after diagnosis care.
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has committed to covering the cost of these resources for RTOs for approximately six months to ensure they are freely available during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
The resources include:
- online learning resources with links to videos covering key topics
- a facilitator implementation and assessment guide
- digital and printed workbooks
These resources are available through a subscription with Australian Training Products.
To keep informed of the work the Australian Industry and Skills Committee is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic and into economic recovery, visit the COVID-19 section of the AISC website.