Winners from each state and territory compete for a national award title. This has led to Australia-wide awareness and respect for skill-cased careers and skills excellence.
The Australian Training Awards recognise and celebrate excellence and are an important mechanism for promoting the benefits of vocational education and training.
The Australian Training Awards showcases finalists and winners in 18 different categories. Of those, there are seven categories in which individuals, businesses and registered training organisations can apply directly. The categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- National Achievement Award
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
- Small Employer of the Year Award
- Australian Apprenticeships – Employer Award
- International Training Provider of the Year Award
- School Pathways to VET Award.
Finalists have the opportunity to attend the 2020 Australian Training Awards ceremony on 20 November in Melbourne, hosted by the National Careers Ambassador, Scott Cam. Finalists are also invited to become a member of the exclusive Australian VET Alumni (Alumni). The Alumni are a community of high achieving VET graduates, VET leaders and practitioners, businesses, schools and training providers committed to sharing their story of success in VET.
As National Careers Ambassador, Mr Scott Cam will champion the work of the National Careers Institute and promote a consistent, national message around careers development.
- To find out how to apply, visit the Australian Training Awards website.