More than 80,000 subsidised training places have been allocated across Australia to support this critical program for customer‑facing businesses in sectors such as retail, tourism, hospitality, cleaning, security, transport and logistics, and aged and disability care.
By completing this training, which is accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority, customers can feel confident that businesses are taking the necessary steps to keep them safe.
Participants learn a range of infection control skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
The National Infection Control Training Fund ends on 15 December 2021.
For more information on the training visit training.gov.au or skills departments in your state or territory.