While many businesses have been adversely affected by COVID-19 and are reducing their workforces, there are some areas of the economy which have increased demand for workers.
This includes jobs in health and care sectors, transport and logistics, some areas of retail, mining and mining services, manufacturing, agriculture and government sectors, among others.
For job seekers
Connect with a wide range of employment opportunities and find out who is looking to hire more workers, with links to advertised vacancies.
The Jobs Hub provides an up to date list of some of the businesses and organisations that are currently hiring, and how to contact them, as well as the latest information on jobs by location.
If you are looking to recruit a number of staff, you can email our Workforce Contact Centre for assistance.
This assistance may include:
- Connecting you with a department representative who will tailor a solution to your recruitment needs. This could include a range of recruitment options, such as connecting you with recently retrenched workers in your area and identifying solutions to address skills gaps.
- Information on how to post a job vacancy on the government run jobactive jobs board, which is one of the main jobs boards used by job seekers.
- Assistance connecting with an employment services provider in your region. Job seekers are registering with these government funded providers for assistance to find work.
- Adding your advertised vacancies to the Jobs Hub.
- More information available at Jobs Hub
- Visit the Jobs Hub for a list of employers with multiple job opportunities
- Visit the Jobs Hub to search jobs by location
- Visit jobactive to find help for employers and job seekers
- Looking to hire? Contact the department and someone can discuss options with you.