This service guarantee is intended for any participant in Online Employment Services and Digital Employment Services delivered in the New Employment Services Trial. The service guarantee sets out the minimum level of service each participant will receive in online employment services and the requirements they need to meet while in the service.
On this page:
What you can expect from us
We will treat you fairly and respect your culture and individuality. When you get digital employment service from us, it includes:
- Access to online resources and, if you need it, help using online resources to help you find a job.
- The Job Seeker Snapshot. This is a short questionnaire we ask you to fill out to help us determine what level of support you might need in looking for a job. You can update it if your circumstances change
- A Job Plan. It tells you what you need to do in return for your Centrelink payment. Your Job Plan will meet your needs and match your circumstances. We will review it with you if your circumstances change.
- Support to link to other services and activities if appropriate and needed.
- Clear communication, using your preferred method, by phone, email, SMS and the jobactive website to tell you about changes to your service.
What we expect from you
In exchange for your Centrelink payment, while participating in digital employment services you should:
- Complete your Job Seeker Snapshot.
- Agree to your online Job Plan.
- Do what you agree to in your Job Plan.
- Report to us on a monthly basis the activities agreed to in your Job Plan.
- Accept any suitable job you are offered.
- Make every effort to find and keep a job.
- Contact us immediately if you can't meet a requirement or do what you've agreed to in your Job Plan.
- Contact us if your circumstances change. It can affect your Job Plan, or your eligibility for employment services and the level of support that we offer you.
- Accept referrals to other employment services, if you are prompted to.
We respect your privacy
Your information is protected by the Privacy Act 1988.
- We could share your information with other government agencies or organisations contracted to the department to make sure you get the right service.
- We could tell employers or organisations things about you, with your permission.
- We could give your personal information to research organisations to evaluate the New Employment Services Trial, or the Online Employment Services.
- You can ask for access to the information we have about you at any time.
- If information we have about you is wrong, you can ask for a correction.
We take your feedback seriously
If you want to provide feedback or you don't think you are getting the right help or service, tell us. Our feedback process is fair and our goal is to try to resolve your concerns.
The best way to contact us is to:
- use our contact form or email us at email@example.com to send us written complaints, compliments or suggestions.
- call us on 1800 314 677.
Contact Services Australia if you have concerns about your income support payments.