Pathway to Work encourages employers to hire workers 45 years and over. It is part of the Australian Government's $110 million Mature Age Employment Package.
How it works
Pathway to Work helps to stimulate demand for mature age workers (aged 45-70) through specific activities.
From 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2021, up to 10 pilots will:
- Encourage employers to hire mature age job seekers
- Learn from employers who are leaders in mature age recruitment and retention
- Connect employers with mature age job seekers
- Show how mature age job seekers can prepare for jobs through funding and programs.
Employers with 10-15 jobs may be eligible for Pathway to Work.
Job seekers may be eligible if they are:
- 45 years and over
- Receiving income support
- Registered with a jobactive provider.
Note: eligibility may differ between pilot projects.
Activities are developed in collaboration with:
- Industry organisations
- State Government agencies
- Training organisations
- Service providers
Pilots will be of varying duration depending on the location, industry and participants.
If you're an employer and interested in trialling a Pathway to Work pilot, contact the Mature Age Strategies team:
- Call the Employer Hotline on 13 17 15
Other Budget initiatives
Mature Age Employment Package announced in the 2017-18 Federal Budget:
More Choices for a Longer Life Package announced in the 2018-19 Federal Budget: