There are a variety of financial assistance programs for schools. Funding is provided to help their communities and support improvements to their infrastructure.
Quality Schools Package
The Quality Schools Package delivers school funding and reform arrangements focusing on what students need to be their best.
This new funding arrangement ensures:
- Every student gets the resources they need, regardless of background or where they live
- Total Commonwealth investment in schools will increase by 86.4% from 2018 to 2029
- Schools and students that need the most additional resources will get the biggest funding increases in the fastest time period
Capital Grants Program
The Capital Grants Program (CGP) helps non-government education authorities with financial assistance to improve school infrastructure.
Local Schools Community Fund
The Local Schools Community Fund provided $30.2 million to schools in 2019-20. Schools were able to use the funding on small scale projects and their associated costs such as:
Special Circumstances Funding
The Special Circumstances funding program provided financial assistance to eligible non-government schools when unexpected circumstances or events caused severe and temporary financial difficultly.
From July 2020, the Choice and Affordability fund will support schools and students impacted by special circumstances or in priority areas such as:
- Rural, regional and remote locations
- Areas affected by drought or other natural disasters
Go to financial assistance reports to find expenditure reports for previous funding programs that ran between 2009-2013.
These reports are listed in compliance with the Schools Assistance Act 2008.