The Quality Initial Teacher Education Review (the Review), launched in April 2021, has now concluded. The final report, Next Steps: Report of the Quality Initial Teacher Education Review, is now available.
The Review looked at:
- attracting and selecting high-quality candidates into the teaching profession
- preparing initial teacher education (ITE) students to be effective teachers.
The Expert Panel that conducted the Review undertook extensive consultation with education stakeholders through meetings, surveys, focus groups, webinars, a workshop and a written submission process.
The final report provides a wide-ranging examination of the issues facing ITE and makes recommendations across three key areas:
- Attracting high-quality, diverse candidates into initial teacher education
- Ensuring their preparation is evidence-based and practical
- Supporting early years teachers.
Initial Teacher Education Quality Assessment Expert Panel
In response to the Review, the Australian Government is establishing a new Initial Teacher Education Quality Assessment Expert Panel, which will develop new minimum and excellence threshold standards for ITE courses.
The panel will be chaired by Professor Mark Scott AO.
Read the report, learn about the panel and learn more about the Quality Initial Teacher Education Review.