Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job (RATTUAJ) is an Australian Government program that assists eligible participants to relocate to take up an offer of employment. Relocation assistance helps participants accept work outside of their area by removing the financial barriers that can prevent people relocating.
From 1 December 2020, all job seekers participating in employment service programs will be immediately eligible for the Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job program.
From 1 November 2020, relocation assistance will be available to people who relocate to harvest and regional areas to take up short-term agricultural work, including Australians who are not receiving income support and those with the right to work in Australia.
- $3,000 if you relocate to a capital city
- $6,000 if you relocate to a regional area
- An extra $3,000 if you relocate with a dependent
If you relocate to take up short-term agricultural work, you may be eligible to receive up to:
- $6,000 if you are an Australian worker
- $2,000 if you are a visa holder with the right to work in Australia
You can get relocation assistance if you move to take up any ongoing work including an apprenticeship, or if you move to a harvest, regional or remote area to take up short-term agricultural work, including harvest work. If your new job is in the agricultural sector, including harvest work, it must be for at least six weeks (and at least 120 hours) of work. Otherwise, your new job must be for more than 30 hours a week and ongoing for six months. For more information about relocation assistance for short-term agricultural work go to the Jobsearch website.
How can I access Relocation Assistance?
To see if you are eligible to apply for RATTUAJ, talk to your jobactive, Disability Employment Services, ParentsNext, Transition to Work and Harvest Trail Services provider.
The following factsheets provide further information.
Want more information?
- If you are registered with a jobactive, Disability Employment Services, ParentsNext, Transition to Work and Harvest Trail Services provider, ask them about eligibility information and the assistance available
- Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
Do you need help with this information?
- If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450* and ask for the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260.
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service. For more information, visit the Department of Communications and the Arts website.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ and ‘1800’ numbers from mobile phones.