See what migrant skills are needed in Australia's Skilled Migration Occupation Lists.
The National Skills Commission (NSC) is responsible for providing advice to Government on the skilled migration occupation lists to ensure they are responsive to skilled workforce needs across Australia. These lists underpin a range of employer-sponsored, points-tested, state-nominated and temporary training visa programs.
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the March 2020 update to the skilled migration occupation lists has been put aside.
Skilled migration occupation lists
Australia’s skilled visa programs are made up 3 main lists:
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List
- Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List
- Regional Occupation List
These are regularly reviewed to ensure they reflect genuine skills needs and help businesses continue to grow if skilled Australian workers are not available.
The current skills list can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website.
For more information, you can:
- Visit the Skilled Migration Occupation lists page on the National Skills Commission website
- Email the Skilled Migration List team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the Department of Home Affairs for impacts of COVID-19 on Australia’s migration system
- Go to 457 visa replacement to read about the Temporary Skill Shortage visa