The Transition to Work employment service helps young people aged 15-24 into work (including apprenticeships and training) or education. Transition to Work participants receive intensive, pre-employment support to develop practical skills to get a job, connect with education or training, find local job opportunities and connect with relevant local community services.
Check your eligibility
To participate in Transition to Work you must be:
- Between 15-24 years old
- an Australian citizen, or
- a holder of a permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa, or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
It will also depend on whether you:
- Have a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III.
- Have been employed within the last six months..
- Are receiving an income support payment such as Youth Allowance.
- Are participating in another employment service including jobactive.
Prepare for a job
Transition to Work providers can help build your skills and confidence to continue your education or get you ready to start a new job. They will help you to:
- Develop practical skills.
- get education or training.
- Find and finish work experience placements to give you recent employment experience.
- Connect you with local job opportunities.
- Connect with relevant local community services.
Benefits for employers
Transition to Work providers ensure young people meet employers needs and are supported to settle into a job by:
- Providing pre-employment skills training that meets the needs of local employers and the labour market.
- Providing work experience placements to see if a potential employee is suitable for the job.
- Negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) if you offer ongoing employment to Transition to Work job seekers.
- Providing post-placement support to make sure your new employee settles into their job.
For more information,