This page contains resources and information for VET Student Loans (VSL) approved providers.
On this page:
For the latest news and updates about the VET Student Loans (VSL) program.
VSL Manual for providers
For key information on how to administer the VSL program in your organisation you should refer to the VSL Manual for Providers.
VSL technical guides
For technical assistance in using the online systems please refer to the following guides. For information on how to access and administer the electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) system please refer to your VET Student Loans New Provider Information Pack. The online eCAF system includes an inbuilt user guide/help field.
- HELP Information Technology System (HITS) User Guide
- HITS and eSAM Training Videos and Quick Reference Guides
New approved providers
If you are new to the VET Student Loans program you will find the following resources useful.
- VET Student Loans Style Guide
- Quick Guide - Marketing and publishing
- Quick Guide - Processes and procedures
- Induction Day Presentation 2021
- Learning modules
Student eligibility and applications
The following resources explain the eligibility requirements your students must meet to access a VET Student Loan, the loan application process and the information that must be given to students prior to enrolment.
- Quick Guide - Eligibility
- Quick Guide - Applications
- Quick Guide - Information Requirements
- VET Student Loans Parental Consent Form
- Statutory Declaration Form - citizenship - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander - birth not registered
Students may have to take a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment in order to meet student entry requirements. There are approved LLN assessment tools and advice for providers seeking approval of a verified and evaluated LLN assessment tool for specific provider use.
These guides will assist you meet the operational requirements of the VSL program.
- Quick Guide - Census Days and Fee Periods
- Census day calculator
- Quick Guide - Record Keeping
- Quick Guide - Progressions
VSL Data Reporting
You are required to report data for all students studying in approved courses who are eligible to apply for a VET Student Loan. The data is used in monitoring a provider’s compliance with the Act and the Rules and for submission of student debt information to the ATO.
- Data Reporting and Guides
- VET Student Loans - Reporting Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) TCSI
- Data Provision and Statutory Declarations for 2021 Monthly Census Dates
- Statutory Declaration Form - VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loans
Courses and loan caps
You may only offer a VET Student Loan for the diploma level or above courses that are listed on the VSL Determination and agreed on as a condition of your approval. The Determination is updated periodically, most recently on 30 January 2021.
- VET Student Loans (Courses and Loan Caps) Determination 2016
- VET Student Loans Courses and Loan Caps
- VET Student Loans 2021 Course List and Loan Caps
- VET Student Loans Course Caps Indexed Amounts (for providers)
Ongoing financial requirements
You have ongoing financial performance requirements as a condition of your approval as well as an annual charge.
- VET Student Loans Application Fee and Annual Charge
- VET Student Loans Ongoing Financial Performance requirements
Changes to approval conditions or fee limits
You may submit a request for your conditions of approval to be varied or for fee limits to be increased at any time. You may also request approval of a third party arrangement.
- How to request a variation to conditions of approval or course loan cap bands
- How to request approval of a third party arrangement
- Requests from Listed and Not-for-Profit Providers for additional approved courses (Schedule 3)
- Adding Approved Course Form (Schedule 3)
If you need more information you can submit an enquiry using the VET Student Loans provider enquiry form below.
VET Student Loans provider enquiry form
Your personal information is protected by law, including under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes an individual’s name and contact details.
Purpose of collecting your information
We will use the information you have provided to handle your enquiry.
We may need to collect further information from you in order to handle your enquiry. If you do not provide this information to the department, it may affect how we handle your enquiry. In some circumstances, it may mean we are not able to handle your enquiry.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to other parties where it is necessary to handle your enquiry, where you have agreed, or where it is otherwise permitted under law (including the Privacy Act).
To contact the department about your personal information email firstname.lastname@example.org.