Information for VET FEE-HELP Students

On this page:

VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures

The VET Student Loans Ombudsman (VSLO) in the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman is the primary contact point for any person who believes that they have a VET FEE‑HELP debt which they should not have. This includes complaints under the VET FEE‑HELP Student Redress Measures, which allow the Secretary of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to re‑credit a student's eligible VET FEE‑HELP debt where it is reasonably likely that the debt was incurred through the inappropriate conduct of their VET provider. 

For more information on how to submit a complaint go to the Commonwealth Ombudsman VET Student Loans website.

For more information on the new measures go to the VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures fact sheet available on the Tools and Resources page of the Commonwealth Ombudsman website.

Notice for former students

If you were enrolled into a course with any of the below education providers, you may have had your VET FEE-HELP debt removed. 



Students can search for courses and course providers, including VET Student Loan Approved courses and providers at MySkills website.

Study Assist

Information for students about government assistance for financing tertiary study is available at Study Assist website.

Information for VET FEE-HELP Students - FAQs

I still need help

If the FAQ's above have not answered your question, you can submit an enquiry using the VET FEE-HELP Student enquiry form.

VET FEE-HELP students enquiry form

Privacy statement

Personal information

Your personal information is protected by law, including under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).

Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes an individual’s name and contact details.

Purpose of collecting your information

We will use the information you have provided to handle your enquiry.

We may need to collect further information from you in order to handle your enquiry. If you do not provide this information to the department, it may affect how we handle your enquiry.  In some circumstances, it may mean we are not able to handle your enquiry.

Disclosure of your personal information

Your personal information may be disclosed to other parties where it is necessary to handle your enquiry, where you have agreed, or where it is otherwise permitted under law (including the Privacy Act).

Privacy policy

The department’s Privacy Policy, including information about how to make a complaint and access to and correction of your personal information, can be found at or by requesting a copy from the department at

To contact the department about your personal information email