On this page:
VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures
The VET Student Loans Ombudsman (VSLO) in the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman is the primary contact point for any person who believes that they have a VET FEE‑HELP debt which they should not have. This includes complaints under the VET FEE‑HELP Student Redress Measures, which allow the Secretary of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to re‑credit a student's eligible VET FEE‑HELP debt where it is reasonably likely that the debt was incurred through the inappropriate conduct of their VET provider.
For more information on how to submit a complaint go to the Commonwealth Ombudsman VET Student Loans website.
For more information on the new measures go to the VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures fact sheet available on the Tools and Resources page of the Commonwealth Ombudsman website.
Notice for former students
If you were enrolled into a course with any of the below education providers, you may have had your VET FEE-HELP debt removed. For more information go to the Notices of debt removal through the VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures page.
- Harvest Education Technical College Pty Ltd (Harvest)
- Study Group Australia Pty Ltd (Study Group)
- Phoenix Institute of Australia Pty Ltd (Phoenix)
- Australian College of Training and Employment Pty Ltd (ACTE) also trading as Evocca College
- Australian Vocational Learning Institute Pty Ltd (AVLI)
- MHM Australasia Pty Ltd (MHM)
- Australian Careers Institute (Sage)
- Conwal Associates Pty Ltd
- Phoenix Institute of Australia Pty Ltd
- Smart City Vocational College Pty Ltd
- Australian Institute of Professional Education Pty Ltd (AIPE)
- ASCET Institute of Technology Pty Ltd
- The Australian Academy of Business
- Unique International College Pty Ltd
- Asia Pacific Training Institute Pty Ltd
- Franklyn Scholar Pty Ltd
- Cornerstone Investments (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Empower Institute (Empower Institute)
- Careers Australia Education Institute Pty Ltd (Careers)
- Productivity Partners Pty Ltd (trading as Captain Cook College)
- Cornerstone Investment Aust Pty Ltd (trading as ‘Empower Institute’) from 1 June 2014 to 15 December 2014
Information for VET FEE-HELP Students - FAQs
I still need help
If the FAQ's above have not answered your question, you can submit an enquiry using the VET FEE-HELP Student enquiry form.
VET FEE-HELP students enquiry form
Your personal information is protected by law, including under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes an individual’s name and contact details.
Purpose of collecting your information
We will use the information you have provided to handle your enquiry.
We may need to collect further information from you in order to handle your enquiry. If you do not provide this information to the department, it may affect how we handle your enquiry. In some circumstances, it may mean we are not able to handle your enquiry.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to other parties where it is necessary to handle your enquiry, where you have agreed, or where it is otherwise permitted under law (including the Privacy Act).
To contact the department about your personal information email email@example.com.